Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 160C LC Temp reading issues

Blake G · 2022-05-19 08:39

I have a 2004 John Deere 160C LC. I was running it a week ago and the temperature would go from roughly 1/4 of the way on the temperature gauge to all the way to overheating. I found that it was overheating, and that my gauge was not accurate. I found there is a secondary over temp sensor. I went to Deere and bought a temperature sensor popped it in and it doesn't even come up at all now. I ohmed both the old and new sensor and they both read the same at multiple temperatures. I checked at the connector and I have 5V at the sensor. Does this mean the temp gauge itself is bad? I have ordered all the manuals for it but they haven't came in yet. The temp gauge on this machine is built into the monitor and is 1400 at the dealer.

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612022-05-19 12:18

    Welcome to HEF Blake ! You are or are not overheating? What part number sensor did you get?

  2. #2Blake G2022-05-19 12:48

    Yes sir it was actually overheating. I found that the pre filter was clogged as well as the radiator, hydraulic cooler, and intercooler. I did resolve that issue i just want to make sure my temperature gauge is accurate. Right now it just stays on cold. The part number i used for the new sensor is RE52722.

  3. #3Blake G2022-05-19 21:09

    I found the issue and it is fixed now. This thing has 3 “temp sensors” and the 3rd one at the side of the thermo housing came unplugged

  4. #4JPD_2023-06-26 18:11

    I know it's late @Blake G , but could you send me a picture of the 3 sensor ? I have exactly the same problem and that would be super helpful . Overheating.. cleaned the clogged radiator and gauge not working, it move up when I start, but immediately turn way down (even when the coolant was boiling)