Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 160g wiring problem

j dirt ยท 2026-09-08 18:05

My 160g serial #1FF160GXADE055386 has some electrical problems, related to the engine harness, I thought I had the correct service manual, but the diagrams look different than my machine, do I have the right manual? pdf says: 160GLC Excavator Operation and Test (PIN: 1FF160GX__F055671--) The E in my serial number is interim tier 4 and stage IIIB The F on the cover page is final tier 4 and stage IV So did I screw up and get the wrong manual?

Replies6
  1. #1j dirt2026-09-08 18:45

    I think I just answered my own question, I guess I'm a little slow. The numbers don't line up either. Does anyone have access to the right manual?

  2. #2Diesel Dave2026-09-08 21:06

    You need Deere Operation and Test manual TM12342 . If you have trouble finding a copy, its available at the Deere bookstore. See link below. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com . Check your messages.

  3. #3mg23612026-09-09 04:55

    In the meantime, check your messages.

  4. #4j dirt2026-09-09 13:15

    Thanks guys, now if I had the pinout diagram, maybe I can find my broken wire

  5. #5mg23612026-09-09 16:55

    The connectors are labeled so you could use the schematics I sent to help identify your wire and what location the wire is in the connector. I would need a more specific circuit to pull up an actual connector and it's pinout.

  6. #6j dirt2026-09-10 09:24

    I had a tech come out who had the software, he told me there was a break in the engine harness related to a few sensors. The delta sensor, intake pressure sensor. He said those probably get supply voltage from the same source.