I have a 2000 deere 160lc with 9000hours I was digging along just fine then died in hole. It with crank no problem but won't start. I pushed in the fuel shut off got it to run and got out of the way. I order a new shut off. Put it in and same thing. Will only run if held in, also the machine won't rev all the way up. I check the relay next to the battery's and with the key on I have power at all 4 pins. I check the relay in the cab and swapped out with another relay in cab and same thing. With key on at Alternator I have 24v at big wire and 1.4v at small blue wire and nothing at same black wire. I had an issue with my 490e few years ago and it was Alternator I don't know what to do from here and I don't want to call john deere yet!!
The “pull in” coil on the fuel shut off solenoid is powered by the fuel shut off relay when the engine is cranking. The fuel shut off relay is mounted on a panel in the battery compartment and is beside the starter relay. The 2 relays are identical. The “hold in“ coil on the fuel shut off solenoid is powered by fuse F5 (marked Power On) when the key switch is in the on position.
Do note, there is an adjustment procedure for the shut off solenoid. If not adjusted correctly, it will not stay in the on position.