Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 200LC Turntable Outer Grease Seal

Matt NCOK ยท 2015-01-21 10:02

Our Deere 200LC pushed the outer turntable grease seal out, no oil in the grease, I think it was just due to over greasing. It was a felt seal and a separate split ring metal rod to hold it in place. How do you reinstall this seal? Local dealer just looks at us like we are stupid, says it should be a rubber seal that is glued in place. Is this an obsolete seal arrangement that has been upgraded to a new rubber seal? Parts breakdown doesn't really provide any detail other than (1) Seal .

Replies2
  1. #1finaldrive2015-01-21 16:50

    I've never seen a felt seal and slip ring either. Can you take a photo?

  2. #2ANDREW C2015-01-21 23:29

    The Ones I have done are just super glued in place also. They rarely fall out. I'd also like to see some pics as the service manual shows a glue in one also