Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 2010 crawler – Clutch/Brake compartment assembly lube?

iowahill ยท 2023-06-10 11:54

After almost a year I finally got the final drive parts including brake bands, clutch drum and discs, bearings and seals, etc out and am ready to start re-assembling everything with new parts. I'm wondering about what lube I should use when assembling the clutch and brake parts that move, such as the throw-out bearing arm and final drive shaft. I assume that no oil is used in the clutch/brake compartment since the left side (which was not damaged) is dry and operational. As always, thanks in advance for your input. -Tom

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612023-06-11 06:04

    I just use anti-seize on the moving parts inside the dry clutch housings of the older Deere's. A thin layer is all that is needed. Go heavy and it may drip onto parts you don't want it to contact.

  2. #2iowahill2023-06-11 12:29

    That's what I wanted to know. I had thought of a graphite spray but I like the idea of anti-seize much better. Many thanks for the feedback. -Tom

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-06-11 23:10

    Graphite spray is good for some things because it won't attract dirt. Shop that rebuilt my steering clutches recommended it instead of grease for the clutch arm pivot inside the clutch compartment on my Cat. Different machine but same idea.