Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

deere 210

beandrew ยท 2010-12-26 23:30

anyone run a deere 210 backhoe tractor?? just thinking about buying one for around the farm to fix tile, are there any problem areas to look at its got a cab and less than 4000 hrs

Replies7
  1. #1frogfarmer2010-12-27 15:32

    Good machines no frills would be a great machine for the farm. They dont bring the prices their big brothers do. 4000hrs on a well cared for hoe is nothing just check the normal wear points and verify everything is solid.

  2. #2Gmc72102010-12-27 21:37

    I own a 210c, i've owned it for a year and a half and all i've done to it was have the transmission/hydraulic cooler repaired, easy job to do and cost me 70 bucks. Their a good machine and can do almost as much as a bigger machine. My meter is stopped at 3800 and I would say it probably has twice as much, so you should still be able to get some work out of the old girl.

  3. #3Firehawk2010-12-29 15:42

    My dad has a 210LE at our ranch up North, I have been learning how to use it as much as possible. At first I wasn't to excited because i was thing a back hoe would be a bit more useful but this machine continues to impress me every time I drive it. I used it to tear down a old barn, grade our roads, make fire breaks across the pastures using the rippers, tearing out blackberry bushes with ease and even used the forks to remove and re-install a camper shell. I may be a bit biased because this is the only heavy equipment i have operated but its been a really cool machine.

  4. #4beandrew2010-12-31 19:17

    thank you guys for help your great

  5. #5JS580SL2011-01-02 02:14

    Company we do snow work for has a 210C landscape loader. I think it has well over 4500hrs on it, plowed many storms, done alot of landscape work, many many different "drivers" not operators, really had the crap kicked outa it. I believe everything is original except for the transmition. I'd say a bullet proof machine. Out of all the equipment Ive ever started in the cold, this machine fires right up like nothing the few times I've started it.

  6. #6KBA-MASS2011-01-11 18:17

    Out of curiosity where in Mass do you work? And for who?

  7. #7JS580SL2011-01-11 19:00

    A large utility company, we move all over, our company is all over NE.