Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 230c LC throttling problem

ColbyMatheson · 2025-07-29 10:00

I have a 2004 Deere 230c LC LAST SIX ON VIN IS 603465 (if you got part info) out of the blue my machine would randomly go from full throttle to idle when I would swing. Can twist the throttle knob and it won’t do anything but shake the boom and it’ll rev up. Sometimes it’ll throttle up when you turn the knob and you can idle it back down but at full throttle when you swing it’ll either go back to idle and stay or it’ll just rev right back up?? Has no stepper motor that I’m aware of. I feel like the twist knob is working cause If it’s throttle all the way up and acting right I can beat on the panel and it doesn’t faze it, Swing the machine or bounce the boom and it’ll go in and out! AUTO IDLE IS OFF

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612025-07-29 12:17

    Press and hold the set button, then key on, release the set button. Press the display select button until the #8 is on the left side of the screen. Look at the voltage on the right side of the screen. Turn the speed dial. Does the voltage move smoothly from approximately 0.5 to 4.5 and back. Jiggle the dial, does the voltage change? Run the machine with that reading in the display. Does the voltage change when the machine idles down?

  2. #2ColbyMatheson2025-07-29 18:42

    This is a 2004, will this work for that model? Going to try when I get off and see Only display I have is hr meter

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-07-29 18:47

    Yes

  4. #4ColbyMatheson2025-07-29 19:50

    Started at .2 and only went to 3.5. When I swing and it goes back to and idle it goes back down to .2

  5. #5mg23612025-07-30 05:00

    If it dropped on its own, then you either have a dial issue or a wiring issue. Check your messages for the throttle dial wiring.

  6. #6ColbyMatheson2025-08-02 21:51

    Ended up tracking wires out of cab and there was a set of wires under a hydraulic hose. Had a lot of tension on them and rubbed the coating off the wires