Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 230clc swing motor leaking out TOP

DavidTemp2 ยท 2022-09-11 11:43

Hoping You guys can help me. I have a deere 230clc with about 5000 hours. The swing motor started leaking out from under the top plate secured by the 4 allen capscrews. we replaced the 6" o-ring and it appeared to help but failed again, so we tried again.. still leaking past o-ring. so We installed a New OEM swing motor, Kawasaki I believe makes them for Hitatchi? Anyway, The New swing motor ran about an hour before leaking oil out the exact same place. My local deere dealers seem to jave no ideas? Is something creating too much pressure? will not leak at idle or full throttle, unless the joystick os used to ratate left or right

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2022-09-11 16:04

    Good day I suggest the best starting point is to measure the case drain pressure at the motor. Max for that motor approx 30 psi. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2DavidTemp22022-09-12 08:39

    we are going to check it this morning, thank you for your advice. what would possibly make rhe case drain pressure get so high on the original motor and now a new replacement motor??

  3. #3uffex2022-09-12 09:56

    Good day David I do not have a hydraulic schematic for your machine, however we can discount the slew motor as a source. It is common practice to link case drain line together some machines will have a restricted return or and a filter raising the case drain pressure. The source of the pressure may come from the following components - Track motors - Central joint - Pumps, the former may only show up when in use. If you have a hydraulic schematic that you can post to me, I can try to be more helpful. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #42loneswordsmen2024-12-29 18:33

    Hi David, did you solve this problem? I'm experiencing a similar issue -- I purchased a IHI 35J without a swing drive. I have now replaced it and it is leaking in the same spot. Also, the there is a valve release sound when I use the controls for all functions. Uffex -- if you also can advise, I'd appreciate it. I can upload a schematic if needed. Thanks, Stuart.