Hi everyone. My parents own a JD 250 series 2 skid steer for use around the farm but it hasn't seen much use since they bought it a few years ago. I am borrowing it for building a fence and have noticed hydraulic oil dripping from the bottom of the machine. I have raised the cab and tried to find the leak but haven't had any luck. There is lots of leaves, debris and mouse droppings under the cab, all of which is covered in hydraulic oil. I have tried to vacuum out as much as I could but I still can't find any clues. I do not see any obvious signs of leaking from any hoses or metal lines. I have noticed the majority of the oil is pooled underneath the hydrostatic pump, right where it attaches to the engine. So, is there a common place where these machines are prone to leak or am I stuck standing on my head searching for clues? Thanks for any help!
I've had a couple that a piece of debris punctured the bottom of the plastic hydro tank through a hole in the belly pan. I think the hole is for a drain since there is two parts via a hump in the tank. Bad design since there is no protection.
Thanks Swannny, that's interesting. I'll check it out