Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

deere 2554 delimber to boom

theironoracle ยท 2013-06-21 22:24

I am looking at removing a wore out delimber upper from a 2554 john deere, and installing a used excavator boom/stick/bucket to make a roadbuilder. my question is, can I only use a 2554 boom or will this machine take a standard excavator front? if so what size? ...........thanks..........theironoracle

Replies5
  1. #1cutting edge2013-06-22 00:45

    it will take a 230clc boom, but youre looking at a whole world of plumbing hurt trying to go from a stroker to a hoe.

  2. #2theironoracle2013-06-22 10:30

    Fill me in on the plumbing issues please! Are all of the compnents there? I assumed I would just need to remove all the pierce parts then connect to boom with new hoses then reset valving. But that is why I posted here there are plenty of things I assume that others help me realize are wrong.....theironoracle

  3. #3John C.2013-06-22 12:38

    The boom cylinder rods have been shortened on all the strokers that I had occasion to work on. That alone usually kills the economics of turning one of these back to an excavator.

  4. #4Warndeezy2014-06-20 18:31

    Did you end up switching over? I have a boom for a 2554, 21' and a 15' stick, for a Forestry unit

  5. #5theironoracle2014-06-20 21:35

    sold the machine as a delimber......thanks.....TIO