Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 270 issue

Farmrboy ยท 2017-03-13 19:50

ive got a Deere 270LC and whenever it's cold the right track doesn't want to move it tries but is usually jerky, the swing gear kinda clumps when u first start to swing, and the curl function is slow on the bucket. This all only happens when it's cold once it warms up it seems to be okay is there any place in the system these three functions are tied together? Had service out today and there thinking it's a valve someplace but never seen this issue before. Thanks guys

Replies2
  1. #1garyw2017-03-16 14:14

    What year is the machine? Am i correct in thinking that the deere 270lc was basically a Hitachi painted yellow? I'm not too sure what you mean by the swing issue. Is it slow? Is it jerky? Or does it move at the correct speed just with a clump when you first take off? Regarding the other two issues, there's not really much that would cause them. The main things in common is pump 1 and the right hand side of the control valve. If its going slow on the right track that narrows it down further to the pump, due to the fact that the travel spool is first in line on the right hand side of the control valve. I'd be looking at the pump control pressures to make sure the pilot pressure going to pump 1 is ok. I'm assuming the engineer that visited the machine checked this? Also, whats both pump delivery pressures and control pressures when the problem is there? And what are they when the problem goes away?

  2. #2Farmrboy2017-03-16 22:09

    I've actually never ran the machines serial number I believe it's a 98/99. Yes the deere machine is a Hitachi painted yellow I believe the biggest difference is deere puts there own motor in there machines. When the machine is cold and I swing it, it only clumps when I start to swing it seems to swing at the correct speed I should probably define the clump as a jerk it starts to swing then jerky and then swings correctly with no more clumps, it only does it when I start swinging both ways. The right track seems to be at correct speed when it does move it starts to move then quits completely I cycle the boom functions and then the machine will start to track.. The technician did check some pressures but I was unavailable when he was there so I don't know what any pressures are they think it's got something to do with the pilot functions. Sorry I've never been around excavators much so Ive got a lot of learning to do this machine is a farm machine and has 10000 hours so it's got ware on it. It seems to be a strong machine just don't like cold weather lol