Pulled the trigger on this little guy, the wife will use it lots also, she's a great operator! She may need a few phone books to sit on though! 2001 and barely 2500 hours. Setup with aux hydraulics.
Congratulations on the addition.:thumbsup Nice looking machine, makes me sad though, I traded in a 1998 JD310D that only had 590 hours on it. I start missing it when I see any 310's.
Is this grease ample for the 310 SG??? Or stay with Deere orig. greases?
There are many good greases available besides oem or "premium" types. The important thing is to grease often and properly.
I prefer a moly grease, it stays in the pins better. We buy this in the 120 lb keg - http://www.phillips66lubricants.com/brands-products/Single.aspx?pid=197&brand=Phillips+66
This is exactly what I was looking for, something with rust and corrosion protection!
If you decide to use that grease you have to flush all the old grease out of the pins. There are polymers in the 66 grease that can react with other greases and cause coagulation (for lack of a better term) in the pin. Nothing to it, just flush the pin with new grease run it a while and re-grease. We had to do that on all our equipment when we swapped from the Chevron red. Oh yeah - Welcome to the Forums!:drinkup