Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 310L. Change Hydraulic filter. What to do beforehand?

emmett518 · 2026-05-18 09:15

Are there any settings or preparations I should make before changing the hydraulic filter? IE, rest the bucket on the ground, and take pressure off the front bucket / arm? Let tractor sit overnight? And is there a procedure after putting the new one on? It seems like this time, a lot more fluid came out than last time. I had the front bucket in the up position, with the lock in place. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2026-05-18 23:53

    Releasing pressure in the Hydraulic tank could make a difference, but maybe the Operators Manual would give some pointers. Sometimers working the levers after shutting off will help If you don't have the manual I would suggest getting one as they help in lots of ways. Simon C

  2. #2HarleyHappy2026-05-19 08:02

    I always have the loader bucket on the ground If possible but it’s kind of hard, with the arms in the way. So I run the bucket up, take off the applicable side panel, with the lock on. Then lower the bucket and exercise all the hydraulics, to hopefully return all oil to the tank.