I'm having a problem with the gas pedal in a 310se dropping straight to the floor. From looking at the parts manual and talking to the dealer it seems there's a spring that makes the pedal go back to the idle position. I've been using it like this for the past couple days but its a pain on top of being unsafe. I'm in a bit of a time crunch and am debating finishing out what I'm working on with the throttle as is or fixing it now. My only concern is taking it apart and having trouble getting back up and running and delaying my progress. The dealer said it can be a tough job and without me having experience doing one before its making lean in the direction of leaving it as is until i have a little breathing room. Which looks like it might be a while. Does any one have any experience replacing one of these springs?
Could you not just rig a spring. Just to get your job done, then fix it right after? there must be a place to rig one up. In the cab or in the engine compartment.
Bungee cords, String Baling wire One of the above will get it up
Haha thats what i was going to say. bungee cord it up or to your foot
I did set up a temporary bungee cord but still would like to get it fixed the correct way here in the near future.