Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 323D Opinions

JGS ยท 2011-05-15 13:37

Looking at the Deere 323D. I like the ctl. I am concerned about it's horsepower and eng. size compared to other machines in its size class. Wanted to hear from anybody that has one or spent anytime in one.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies6
  1. #1Festivephone2011-05-15 18:27

    Heres a vid i made of a deere 323 D in 720p high definition http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cszA_Rj_avw

  2. #2Deereman2011-05-15 22:35

    I can't say for a 323 but I have had a good bit of time on a CT322. Pretty much the same machine. I never felt it was underpowered. After running a CT332 for so long I didn't think I would care for the 322 but it did everything I asked of it. Was decent on fuel too. And those engines are in a lot of air compressors.

  3. #3MXZ2011-05-16 13:06

    Thing on the 323D is, there really isn't any machines in a mid frame in that lift class other than the NH 175, so it's hard to get a real basis for comparison against most of the other colors. My time in 322's, i was very impressed with that machine's performance.

  4. #4Festivephone2011-05-16 13:24

    i found the 323 D very underpowered. i had had to go easy to avoid stalling constantly

  5. #5JGS2011-05-16 14:37

    I watched your video. That is quite a project you have going on. Do you regularly run the 323? How do you feel it was under powered? Traction effort and or loader lift capacity?

  6. #6Festivephone2011-05-16 15:23

    The first time i ran a skid steer was last year when i had a one year work permit for Canada. The 323 is the only one ive run and i got pretty good at it and really enjoyed running it. i found it very fast and capable of shifting an impressive amount of dirt relative to its size but it seemed to lack low end power becuase of its speed. The engine just died if you pushed the bucket into a pile and i rerally had to be very careful not to constantly stall it. Even if i was going up a slight gradient the engine would start to die and i would have to slow off. i ran an older 323 as well and it had the same problem though not as bad as the newer one. In the video i had to excavate under a house and the canadian way of doing it was usually just to use two mini excavators bailing it from one to the other. That method usually takes a week to ten days. I suggested using the skid steer with a digging bucket and i got all the material out in 2 days.