Hi all, I have a new to me 2017 Deere 323e sn 1t0323ekjhj306592 that it telling me to return controls to center. Won’t let me Change from H pattern back to iso. I’ve done a calibration and both sticks rest at 0% on both axis. Left stick will go 0 to 100% on both axis, right stick will go 0 to 100 from and back, but will only go 86% left and 100 right. So I have a bad joystick? No active codes
Welcome to HEF Snoopy ! When you say "won't let me", explain in more detail please. They do not return to neutral? All X and Y axis read zero in neutral? Also, as far as the 86%, are you sure you moved each joystick to the stop when calibrating?
Yes, they return to neutral when released and read at 0 % . I’m pretty confident that it was at full stop when I calibrated it, but right now it’s to cold to get enough hydraulic temp for it to allow me to do another calibration.
When I say won’t let me, for switching back to iso, it beeps and says to return controls to center
So I understand, the machine works fine in the "H" pattern, but when you want to switch to ISO the message appears?
Yes. Works as it should in h, but if I try to switch to iso it says to return controls to center. I did get it warm enough to calibrate this morning, but issue persists. R you stick still only 86 on x axis. Also seems that the parking brake sometimes does not want to release. Switch check in the panel does show the park break button being hit though
I believe the calibration will not complete successfully because the calibration has to be performed in ISO mode. You said there are no codes, either active or stored under the codes menu? If there are no codes, then the only thing I can suggest at the moment is to have the dealer reflash the HCU controller to see if that resolves the issue. Maybe the software somehow became corrupt. If not, then the joystick that is stuck at 86% might be an issue, although I am reluctant to say replace it yet due to the cost.
The only code that it gives active is intermittent and for a speed sensor input. It had stored codes when I got it, but we recorded them, cleared them and non have come back up. I’ve got a buddy that runs a field truck, I’ll have him update the hcu and see if that makes any progress.