Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 325g

John Sarappa · 2020-12-27 17:42

Hi , I have a Deere 325g track skid steer. Bought new in July 2019. I was using it today and it stopped moving. Motor runs fine and hydraulics seem to be ok. It only has 33 hours on it. It has a code 1595.01 something to to do with a speed sensor. Obviously I am going to call the dealer in the morning,just wondering if anyone has experienced this before. It took me 4 hours to drag it on a trailer without destroying it with a 220 Komatsu excavator. Brakes are locked. And by the way yes , electric parking brake light goes off with safety bar down and button pushed. Thanks

Replies21
  1. #1mg23612020-12-28 05:36

    33 hrs and a year and a half old. Should be under warranty yet. That code means the controller does not see the speed at the motor (too slow) that is commanded by the travel lever position. Could be a sensor or the wiring. A sensor will require track removal.​

  2. #2lantraxco2020-12-28 22:57

    That sensor is just indicating exactly what you describe, you're commanding movement but the drive motors are not spinning, it's totally correct. Doesn't tell you why the motors are not spinning though. If the hydraulics are working the drive pumps are turning, so that eliminates the drive coupling as the problem. Typically a lack of charge pressure or a wiring open or short should be throwing more codes, so again, probably not that. The pumps are not coming out of neutral so it's something on the joystick/controller side of things.

  3. #3John Sarappa2020-12-29 06:05

    I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday and of course they’re shorthanded because of the holidays who knows when they’re going to look at it?

  4. #4muddog19752021-01-05 06:23

    Mice eating wiring...my guess....mint oil on cotton balls will keep the rodents out and the snakes away....

  5. #5John Sarappa2021-01-05 06:31

    Been at the dealer for a week and they still haven’t looked at it it was $10,000 cheaper than the equivalent Cat and I liked it better but I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to service! By the way I raise the cab myself before I brought it there to look for any evidence of wiring damage or rodents and Saul none.

  6. #6muddog19752021-01-05 06:36

    Well thats good, that it wasn't rodents. I have just seen a few that had wiring chewed up. As far as dealers goes, I think they are all hurting right now for mechanics and people to work. Good luck, let us know what they find.

  7. #7John Sarappa2021-01-06 06:49

    I will, they still have not looked at it yet?

  8. #8southernman132021-01-06 09:30

    That sucks. I hate waiting on repairs. Hopefully they’ll get you going soon

  9. #9John Sarappa2021-01-25 19:13

    Just an update four weeks and they still haven’t fixed the machine, they ordered a sensor for one of the drive motors ,that didn’t help anything they are stumped,this is unbelievable!

  10. #10KSSS2021-01-25 19:54

    Did they give you a loaner? I would hope so. Things happen, no matter what color it is, hopefully the dealer is taking care of you.

  11. #11John Sarappa2021-01-25 20:09

    No, they have none. Just like every Gm ,Ford dealer around here! They won’t even service it on their dime even though I spent 4 hours of my time dragging it out of a hole with a 220 Komatsu excavator onto my trailer and delivering it to them! They still have it on my trailer there. They said I should have called them and they would have came out with their rollback and took it out of there. The rollback and machine would still be there,stuck with broken windows.

  12. #12JK962021-01-25 20:30

    Man I feel your pain. I hade a case compact tractor sit at the dealer for 3 months last year. Not a single part available in the states and had to wait for one to ship from overseas.

  13. #13KSSS2021-01-25 22:58

    That sucks, four weeks during the Winter and they cant get to your machine. Especially with 30 hours on it, they should have been on that immediately. Maybe a call to Deere Corp. would help. Either way, I bet this gets factored in on your next machine purchase decision.

  14. #14mg23612021-01-26 04:59

    The troubleshooting procedure for that code is fairly straight forward and does a good job of eliminating the harness vs the sensor. If the test indicates a sensor then when the sensor is out they should have checked the speed ring out thoroughly. Maybe that is loose?

  15. #15Vetech632021-01-26 08:18

    Im sick of dealing with that issue lately.

  16. #16John Sarappa2021-02-05 13:07

    In the shop at six weeks now! Replace the sensor, no help ,some hoses no help ,now they ordered a drive motor for one side.unbelievable!

  17. #17southernman132021-02-05 13:30

    Wow. Shows to go ya they all have issues. A friend I know bitched about our Kubota. He said if that was a John deeee I’d have it fixed in two hours. They’re on it buddy. Yeah right lol

  18. #18John Sarappa2021-02-05 13:40

    The problem is Deere allows its agricultural dealers to sell these loaders and mini excavators. They are used to selling and servicing lawnmowers and gators and chainsaws. When I was looking at buying a new one I tried the comparable cat machine and also another deer from a large heavy equipment dealer. I liked the Deere better than the cat by far.And it was $10,000 cheaper than a comparable cat and the dealer I bought it from was $5000 cheaper than the heavy equipment dealer, I just feel they’re in over their heads!

  19. #19Joe Fick2021-02-05 15:04

    Lol as much I hate to admit it. You are exactly right. I usally buy mine from a agriculture store and have the construction place do the series work on it n that's only has happened once. Emissions n warranty covered it

  20. #20KSSS2021-02-06 12:07

    CNH has that issue as well. Machines repaired by the Ag heavy dealers is not as solid as it is from the dealers that are CE based. The Ag guys don't have the experience on those machines like they do on tearing a tractor in half.

  21. #21John Sarappa2021-02-11 09:43

    Well, they called yesterday to say it’s fixed. They replaced one of the drive motors. Now I have to wait for it to stop snowing so I can pick it up.