Hi all! I've been reading through the forums for different info as I looked to buy my first CTL. I found what seems to be a nice machine locally and picked up a 333E with under 1700 hrs, high flow, and heat/ac. Now I am working on going through a first service and searching for attachments. The plan is to use around our 40 acre property to clean up and make utv trails, upkeep the driveway, and whatever projects the wife dreams up. A couple questions I was trying to figure out though: Does anyone have a service manual for these? When I'm looking at attachments, are all 14 pin connectors compatible with Deere or are they brand specific? What attachments are the go to? I have a grapple and the smooth bucket. I'll be getting forks and was leaning towards a 6-way blade. Thanks!
Don't waste your money on the 6 way blade
Thanks for the feedback. What is the downside to them? I was hoping to have a multi-use attachment to clear snow down a 1/2 mile drive and push brush and trees to the side down tight trails. Is there a better fit or do I need to get better with the bucket?
The issue with pushing brush off a trail with a dozer blade is catching brush without pushing material off your trail at the same time. Brush rolls under the blade, forcing you to dig under the brush which catches dirt or road base at the same time off your trail. Using a rock grapple works better for that. https://quickattach.com/products/rock-haul-skeleton-grapple-rock-bucket The spacing between the rails is 3". You can catch brush but leave the dirt or material on the road or trail. If your building trails, handling brush, this is really a handy attachment. I have a solid bottom grapple, and one of these rock grapples, and a HD open bottom grapple with 1' spacing that I use for clearing timber. It is called a Saber bucket from Quick Attach. Similar to this https://erskineattachments.com/products/industrial-root-grapple/ For clearing snow I would consider going this way. https://quickattach.com/products/snow-break-v-plow . With this or something similar you capture snow and push it, blade it off like a 6 way. There is this option which I think is really cool, but pretty expensive. https://erskineattachments.com/products/winged-snowblade/