I have another question about replacing the ROPS on my Deere 450C. The ROPS I have mounts above the dash, like this one... Will a ROPS like the one on this 450D or this 455E work? My machine has the large eyes on the loader towers. I assume it will work but would rather hear from somebody that knows for sure before spending money. Thanks.
I looked at the previous post, cannot see why not? If the mounts are there should be a bolt up. The area expands under the later style giving a little more room inside the shelter. The only real differences as to the machines configurations is tins and the transmissions not the finals case or the loader frame.
By the welds the uppers are OE, the lowers may have been added to do as you are thinking but do not appear to have ever been utilized. At this point cannot hurt to try one on for size.
The mounts on the side look to be in a different position on the loader upright. I think you need to DO some careful measuring. The connection at the back is different on your machine though and doesn't use the big round mounts. I think you should be able to find a good ROPS like the one you have.
Quick answer--no, won't fit without a LOT of modification. The 450D/455 canopies are wider and have a completely different mounting system than the 350 through 450C machines. The earlier machines use a bracket that bolts to the back of the final drive cases. Do you have those brackets? The backhoe mount bolts to the same holes, so they weren't compatible (I have to remove the canopy to use my backhoe...). The later machines went to a wider canopy that mounts to the side so you can mount the backhoe and canopy at the same time (my JD 555 was that way). They even made a special canopy for using with the backhoe where the top of the canopy folds back, which is really convenient. I wouldn't think it would be hard to find a 450C canopy/ROPS (JD calls them a canopy, part number is AT30690). But make sure you have the mounting brackets--in my experience those are a bit harder to find.
I have decided to have my ROPS welded, sandblasted and either powder coated or painted.