Yesterday my 50C sprung a leak for the left side drive motor. I heard and felt what I thought was a line blow- (lost dive and heard a fluid hiss) I look under the machine and have oil coming out of the bottom swing motor cover. Long story short- I pulled the cover thinking it was a lower line but the oil seems to be coming from above the swing motor- not the lower (accessible) lines. Looking at the repair manual- it seems the cab and floor plate needs to come off to access these lines? I did a search and found nothing but did see some 35C's have an access plate in the floor? I have no easy access to another machine or hoist where the machine sits- has anyone repaired a line in that area and have any tips or tricks? Thanks in advance.
I found an access plate near the blade lever that gets me close to the upper lines. I bought the service manual for the machine but it doesn't seem to have electrical or hydraulic diagrams???... are these separate from the technical service manuals?
Look for the centre of the swing circle and not necessarily where the swing motor is. What you should be looking for is the swivel joint where the hoses from the upper and lower sections connect. Hydraulic oil goes through it to and from the tracks.
Yeah I found it and did get access. The hoses are marked on the valve body but not all the hoses are labelled on the swing motor. The bad hose was B8... I was hoping to see which port it went to on the swing motor. The parts diagram is decent but the hoses aren't labelled and in the assembly drawing, it's hard to see which hose goes to which port and since I'm working through a very small access panel, it's very hard to see or trace any of the buried lines... and most are buried. I think I have it figured out but I'll need to test track function before buttoning it all up.
A common complaint. Deere separates their manuals. For that machine, you would need one manual for repair (TM2057), and one for operation and test, which has the theory, schematics and diagnostics (TM2056).