The left track is stuck in high speed the right in low. I know the solenoid coil is no good, broken wire and 0.3 OHMS.. I know the final is good because I disconnected the high speed propel line and it tracks the same speed as the other with the line disconnected. I don't know if the shuttle in the high speed solenoid is sticking or not. My next stop would be the combiner valve shuttle maybe a weak spring? Question 1. If the solenoid is bad (and it is) why does one track remain in high speed? Is the shuttle stuck between ports? Or is it only the combiner valve sticking that could make that condition. 2. Where can I get a replacement solenoid coil, as it appears to be different that the one in the parts book. It is a ShinDengen solenoid but it doesnt bolt to the valve body (Uchida 2DSL-5T) with the two screws like the parts book shows. Cant read the number on the coil. Thanks
If you have a spool in the travel motor I suggest you take it apart and check, the description that only one of the motors is faulty eliminates the solenoid it is more likely at the motor. Kind regards Uffex
Welcome to HEF Icybay ! The link below should be the solenoid you are looking for. Just thinking out loud....You said with the high range control hose disconnected from the left motor it tracked straight...maybe the solenoid valve spool is stuck and your right side is not going into high range?? https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/68183/referrer/navigation/pgId/123926365
Thank you. That is the correct solenoid!
As I understand it 1. The normal range is low, and the foot switch is a momentary switch which powers the solenoid and causes the solenoid/spool to move allowing more fluid hence the high speed propel function. 2. So the right track is running normal (slow) the left track is abnormal (high speed) & is obviously getting more oil- from either the stuck solenoid or a stuck combiner valve? There is a spool in the combiner valve, a spool in the solenoid valve (which is fried) and a spool in the propel motor. One must be allowing more oil to the left track. Which spool is the problem? Why would it be the one in the left track propel motor??, it it normally getting high speed fluid and the spool somehow powers it to low speed? What purpose does the spool in the propel motor play? I will order the solenoid nw that I have the part number but if it is something else I can work on that while waiting. Thanks again. [/QUOTE]
While the two speed line is off and the machine is tracking straight (it is isn't it?), operate a hydraulic function (arm in and out for example) while tracking. If the machine travels in a straight line and does not mistrack while moving a function then the flow combiner valve is doing it's job correctly and is not an issue. Yes, the normal range is low and when you press on the foot switch it provides the ground for the two speed solenoid, which sends pressure to the two motor's propel speed change valve shifting the valve. When the valve shifts it then lets high pressure oil from the closed loop to pressurize and move the control piston which pushes against the swash plate changing the motor's displacement. If you disconnected the two speed hose that comes from the solenoid to the motor and the motor slowed down to match the other motor then there is nothing wrong with that motor or any of it's components. To confirm I would "Tee" in a gauge into the two speed line at the motor (I would check both sides) and see what you have for pressure there (without stepping on the two speed pedal, since your solenoid is shot anyway).
Good call . Since I didnt wan to remove the gearbox I heated and beat on the propel speed change valve with a hammer and punch and I think it loosened up the spool. Now the tracks are almost the same one is about 20% faster than the other. According to the book it should be 2.8 mph fast and 1.7 mph slow or a 1.8 ratio speedup. I suppose the 1.2 difference could be attributed to a weaker gearbox OR the spool is still partially open. Thanks
The procedure that MG suggests is correct to resolve the issue