On an early serial number 544E, the service manual says the service brake valves are not re-sealable. Deere on-line parts updates them to the later serial number valve to the tune of $980.00 each plus several fittings to adapt to the older system. My question is, has anyone attempted to or found a way to re-seal the old valves. I know that just because the manual says no, that does not always mean it can't be done. Both valves are leaking and I would like to save the customer some money if possible. Thanks.
My old book shows a seal kit for the pre-522730 SN machine as AT116969 that subs to AT129619. I know I've resealed those before, yrs ago. We stopped doing it though because we had issues with them leaking again shortly. Back in the good ol' Smith Tractor days.
I just did both of the valves on our 544E about 6 months ago, haven't had any problems yet. There are 3 different kits shown online it depends on what serial number it is.