Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 544H Ride Control Question

Dodgeboy06 ยท 2025-10-13 17:29

Good afternoon. I have a John Deere 544H S/N DW544HX582640 with about 9700 hours that I'm trying to get the ride control working again. From what I have been able to tell after replacing the blown 7.5 A fuse for the ride control I still am not getting power to the solenoids at the front axle. I have followed the wiring back to the fuse box area and from what I can tell there is no 'primary' power to the relays in the fuse panel. I can hear them clicking when I move the ride control switch and have swapped them with one another just to see if there was a change and there was not. I don't seem to be getting 24 V to the #30 terminal of the relay. From what I can see in the wiring diagram I have that power is supposed to be coming from the chassis computer. I am wondering based on a note in the manual about ride control circuit operation information that its possible the ride control has been turned off in the Service Diagnostics menu. Is there a way I can access this using just the display in the cab of the machine or do I need to have someone with the service computer come out to check that it is on/off? To be honest I'm not sure if the ride control has worked in all the time we have had the machine but someone asked about it so here we are. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. If there's any other information anyone needs to help get this dialed in please let me know and I will be more than happy to provide it.

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612025-10-13 18:16

    There is a spot to enable/disable ride control. It is in the electrical section, sub system diagnostics, Monitor Unit Menu Structure. If you have trouble finding it, I can send you the display structure.

  2. #2Dodgeboy062025-10-13 19:19

    mg2361 If you wouldn't mind sending that display structure to me I would appreciate it. I was fumbling around with it for a bit tonight before heading home and didn't find anything like what you're describing. Thanks again for the help and information.

  3. #3mg23612025-10-14 04:55

    Check your messages.

  4. #4Dodgeboy062025-10-14 05:24

    mg2361 That was exactly the information I was looking for at this point. Thank you so much for sharing that with me

  5. #5Dodgeboy062025-10-31 15:14

    Just wanted to follow up on the off chance it might help someone else. I verified that the ride control was enabled in the configuration. We found that in addition to the accumulator being low/out of nitrogen there was also a broken/rubbed thru wire in the wire harness underneath the cab. Once the accumulator was charged and we found the wire (in our case while doing diagnosis the harness was moved and we noticed smoke coming out of the harness so it made it a bit easier to find lol) and repaired it the ride control works as it should. Thanks again to mg2361 for his assistance with this one.