Hi just wondering if anyone has seen this issue I have a Deere 6140D that starts and runs fine but if shut off after it gets hot tractor won’t start and has fault 002000.09 for ecu message missing. Checked power and grounds to ecu everything was good. CAN wirings are good as well. Sent ecu away for repair and nothing was found wrong with it.
Machine's complete serial number please. How did you check the CAN wires? Were the ECU's voltage and ground wires load tested, or tested via backprobing while the ECU was connected?
Serial number is 1P06140DTDM050341*. I load tested the power and grounds with a load pro on my multi meter. Tested CAN wired wires by checking there voltage. Tested to see if terminators where good got 60 ohms so both terminators are good. Then checked wire continuity from diagnostic plug to ecu. I didn’t think I would have a wiring issue because unit never faults while running. If you never shut it off all day it will work fine. It’s only after you key off then go to restart it faults and won’t start almost like a relay won’t close once hot.
Sounds like a "handshake" issue happens when hot. There are 6 voltage supply wires and 3 ground wires. All of them were checked? The only other thing I can suggest is updating your software. I see there is a new ECU and Instrument Cluster Controller software available. I do not know what issues they address, but maybe one of them is the issue you are having??