Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 624h transimission issue

denver m farms ยท 2015-09-02 11:04

Good friend of mine let someone borrow his 624h, while they had it somehow they stuck a log up in it and busted the transimission loose from the mounts on the front corners, I haven't seen this in person, but he said it took a pretty good size piece off where both mounts are and it lost all the oil. Before they let him know what happened they welded the pieces of housing back on. My first thought was if it moved that much at the front, what happened at the other end. I guess I'm just wondering how everyone else would go about fixing this? I told him I would want a new housing because now if he sells the thing having a transimission with big chunks busted off that got welded back on should really hurt the value.

Replies6
  1. #1CaptainAnalyzer2015-09-03 12:17

    Replace transmission to restore value. Either way it sucks.

  2. #2denver m farms2015-09-03 21:47

    That's my thought. I think the guy that tore it up needs to turn it on his insurance.

  3. #3CaptainAnalyzer2015-09-04 11:20

    If he doesn't, go after him with a prybar... Seems to work reliably.

  4. #4denver m farms2015-09-04 19:33

    Now the guy that tore it up won't even talk about useing his insurance. He wants to buy a new housing from Korea that takes 2 months to get for 5200$, instead of getting one in 2 days from John Deere for 7800$. It's a mess for sure.

  5. #5CaptainAnalyzer2015-09-05 11:19

    Prybar...

  6. #6partsandservice2015-09-08 23:07

    Has anyone involved in this explored salvage parts?