Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 624J

John Sarappa · 2025-04-05 13:21

Good afternoo, I am wondering if anyone can run the vin# on this loader I am looking at. The hour meter says it has 2080 hrs and the owner says it’s legitimate. Also it has a couple of codes with a check engine light. Machine runs great but has major rust because of it originally being used by the NJ turnpike for salt loading.

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612025-04-06 06:59

    What do you hope to see with a VIN check? There is updated software for all the controllers available. I see there are 4 active codes and you list 3. The first two, I would suspect a wiring issue. The 1347.07 (rail pressure actual/desired mismatch), does that become active randomly, or only when at full load or full rpm? First thing I would check regardless of the answer is the low pressure fuel delivery system. Use a gauge at the final fuel filter. Does the pressure drop to a vacuum?

  2. #2John Sarappa2025-04-06 08:05

    I am hoping to verify that the hours are right. This seems awfully low. Thanks

  3. #3John Sarappa2025-04-06 08:08

    T he machine isn’t mine,I am looking to buy it and it runs and operates fine with the check engine light on. The owner states the light has been on and didn’t even know you could retrieve the codes.

  4. #4mg23612025-04-07 04:41

    A VIN check will not supply hours.