I currently have a 644J Hi-Lift with a Craig bucket, but would like to add a quick coupler so that I can put on a bale fork or snow blade at the farm (don't own either one currently). I am just curious what kind of modifications I am going to have to do to the bucket to make it work, and what quick coupler brand everyone would recommend. I am not worried about the loss of breakout force with the hi-lift and coupler combination as all we really move is snow and chicken manure.
Welcome to HEF MaitlandU ! How about a complete machine serial number? Don't know if I can answer your question, but @Diesel Dave might be able to.
Craig Manufacturing, Weldco Beatles , AMI, just to name a few suppliers. Owners/ operators can chime in with their own preferred suppliers and experiences. No matter what coupler style / manufacturer you decide on ,you will be cutting /gouging off all of the pin bosses on your existing bucket. The coupler supplier can provide matching “blanks” to install on your various attachments. Below are “hook“ style bucket blanks. Most coupler suppliers also offer a fairly simple hydraulic installation kit if your loader is not equipped with the “pin disconnect “option.