Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 650G

jmcarrol · 2023-09-25 17:01

Afternoon gents, New forum member here. I recently picked up a Deere 650G and was looking for information on it based on the serial number. T0650GH778686 Seller says it was a 1991 model. I was curious if anyone was familiar with them and could look up the information. I hear there are different transmission upgrades and series of the 650G and was just wondering which one I have. Thanks -- JC

Replies6
  1. #1jmcarrol2023-09-25 21:53

    I read there were series 1-4 and sometime along the way the transmissions were upgraded. Not sure of the year/series for the upgrades

  2. #2Diesel Dave2023-09-25 22:29

    Welcome to HEF jm . The transmission upgrade from clutch shaft support bushings to clutch shaft support roller bearings was at serial #794089 . The steering clutch upgrade was at sn # 770808 . The transmission is direct drive. The torque converter option wasn’t available until sn # 789182. The only “series“ specific designation that I’m aware of was “series IV” which was at 807721. The powertrain lookup site didn’t like the machine serial #. Maybe @mg2361 could check on his end what year the machine was built.

  3. #3jmcarrol2023-09-25 22:48
  4. #4Steve Austin2023-09-26 00:07

    Looking at Deeres product history chart the series IV was from 1995 to 1998. Then the H crawler was introduced in 1999.

  5. #5mg23612023-09-26 05:21

    Correct. Deere's system shows it is a 1991 built machine. Just remember, any time you need information or parts, the year does not matter. Only the serial number matters.

  6. #6jmcarrol2023-09-26 08:21

    Thank you all for the information