I have a Deere 650G that the oil cooler is slightly leaking. It is not bad right now, but I would like to be prepared to replace it when necessary as I am still running it now. Can these be repaired by a radiator shop or do I need to plan on purchasing a new one? Where is the best place and cheapest to purchase one? I see them online anywhere from $1,700.00 - $3,500.00. Is there somewhere that is cheaper? This is a farm dozer and does not get ran much. Thanks in advance for the replies.
Can you post a pic of the cooler and where it’s leaking? Also post a machine serial number
Yes sir. I will take a pic this evening when I get home. The serial number is T0650GH854437.
It appears to be leaking from the top area where the hose and oring go on. Hard to tell exactly on location. It is leaking pretty good.
as long as it is not deep in the cooling tubes it can usually be repaired
Stupid question- how do you remove it? It appears I need to take off the hood and lift it straight up. Is this correct?
If you mean the cooler shown below, then the radiator nose piece has to be pivoted forward (remove all bolts except the most rearward ones, which get loosened), then lift the cooler straight up after unbolting.