I have a 1998 650G and it won't go into gear. When I raise the safety bar so I can put it in gear the stop indicator light flashes and beeps and so does another indicator warning light but I cant tell you which one it is as the plastic label has been rubbed off. It is the 3rd light from the left. The pedals won't come up and nothing happens. It has done this intermittently the whole time I have owned it {3 yrs}. When it did it in the past I would raise the rpms and eventually the beeping would stop and pedals would come out. This time no such luck. It is not a torque converter model. Thanks in advance for your ideas.
I ran an early 450G with an inching pedal which we quit using because it gave us problems similar to that.You just had to get used to making sure that it was out of gear when you wanted to stop the motion of the machine.Your problem seems to be related to the safety switch however.Good luck with it.Ron G
is it only when you park it over night? Our 555 does something simaler but if you park it faceing down hill your fine. Almost like you loss prime in the trans somewhere. Does it continue throughout the day or when you first start?
it could be the safety switch is hung or gone out or has a stick or trash stuck in there. On some cases you could push the lever back down then pull it up real fast and then it would go. Also some of the linkage between the hand brake and foot pedals have come loose or bent or dirt in there. i can't remember if the floor panel can be removed to look at it or not.
It is when you first start it and the rest of the day it is fine. The mechanic looked at it today and as he was checking it out he let it idle and he said in 20 minutes the pedals came up. He to thinks that trans is loosing prime or something is blocking the pick up tube. He wants to cut open the filter and see if it is plugged up. Thanks for everyone's help. I will keep the forum posted as to the outcome.
Sounds like a filter problem. Cool weather means thicker fluid and if you have a partially blocked filter once the oil warms up it will work.
In ours we changed the fillter with no change. We just park it over night faceing down hill. Other then that no problem since.
Thought I would let the forum know the outcome. We pulled the transmission pump filter and it was very clogged with black stuff I think from the steering clutches. We put in a new filter and I thought great problem solved. But it still would not pump and the pedals would not release. Bought a new pump from John Deere ($1200) and that solved the problem.
Thanks for the response Jim Dandy. It's nice to see a thread have a resolution instead of just hanging there.