Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 650j calibration/ diagnostic trouble code indicator

mr.kdk ยท 2019-09-12 21:54

Hi, I have a deere 650j that has the calibration/ diagnostic indictor on dispay illuminated and the transmission controler display is showing an F311. It will start and run but will not move or throttle up. Any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612019-09-13 05:30

    F311 is for low sensor supply voltage (transmission 5 V reference circuit). So either a sensor supply voltage wire (to any one of the sensors) is shorted to ground, one of your sensors are shorted (these 2 most likely) or an internally shorted TCU (least likely). Also check your battery voltage. Low battery voltage (less than 9 V) or when charging is more than 16.5 V can cause issues as well.

  2. #2mr.kdk2019-09-13 08:16

    There are other codes after the F311, they are as follows: F385, F375, F393, F3D0, F3E0 it seems to be intermittent.

  3. #3mg23612019-09-13 11:50

    The 3D0 (front) and 3E0 (rear) are excessive current codes for the pump PCP's and are indicative of a short to ground. 385 (right side) and 375 (left side) are for the motor speed sensor signal greater than 4.8 V which could be a short to power. 393 is loss of communication with the ECU. Do you have the cover off the TCU? I have seen many instances of mouse chewed wires under there causing a bunch of electrical gremlins to pop up. Also check the cab mounts. They will squash over time lowering the operator's platform enough to crush the harness. Remove floor board and inspect harness real good from the TCU all the way down to the transmission pumps and motors. Where the harness appears under the floor board from the TCU is a popular place for wire rub. The crushed cab mounts like to crush the harness on top of the main frame. Good luck with your search. An hour from now I will be offline for a couple of weeks. I'll check back then to see how you made out. Hopefully Mestizo can help you out. He is really good with Deere dozers.

  4. #4mr.kdk2019-09-13 12:53

    I did have a mouse problem under that cover years ago and it caused a ground issue. So at that time I placed wire mesh over the hole to keep out the mice. I took the cover off again and did not see any issues there. With that many error codes showing up, your thoughts about the wiring may be correct. I hope it is not the controller, $$$ .Thanks for the advice.

  5. #5mg23612019-09-27 07:17

    How did you make out?