Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 650J Help!!!

Lynn Statham · 2019-12-14 13:58

Jumped on my machine yesterday. Cranked it up and let it idle while I greased everything. Filled her up with fuel and after moving about 200 feet, it idled down and stopped. Won’t idle up, blade won’t move, and tracks won’t move. Runs and cranks fine. These are the codes: F3X1 F3U0 F3U5 F3U4 F382 F3T0 Ideas on where to start??? Thanks in advance.

Replies12
  1. #1mg23612019-12-16 05:06

    Welcome to HEF Lynn ! Serial number please? Looks like a throttle issue keeping you from moving. However I am also concerned about the low charge pressure code as well. Behind your left elbow is a black plastic cover the covers the TCU. Remove that and check the wiring really well. Mice and other critters like to nest in there and wreak havoc with the wiring. Also lets clear the codes and see what comes back. On the TCU press menu until "code" appears. Press select. Press next to scroll through all the codes until the word "end" appears. Press and hold select for 5 seconds until F300 appears. Cycle key. Try to move the machine and let see what codes return. F3X1 - Charge pressure low F3U0 - Throttle Sensor open/short F3U5 - Throttle short to power F3U4 - Throttle Sensor input greater than max F382 - Right Speed Sensor open F3T0 - Speed Button open/short

  2. #2Lynn Statham2019-12-21 22:17

    TO650JX146881 After clearing codes, only one came back was charge pressure. Charge pressure on the dash is zero psi. I’m Guessing I need to start with the charge pump. What you think?

  3. #3rmllarue912019-12-21 23:37

    Check oil and filters before swapping a new pump on

  4. #4mg23612019-12-22 05:58

    Do you have gauges? After changing your filter I would check the charge pressure with a gauge first to rule out a bad sensor. Tee into the line goes to the transmission filter and read the pressure (I don't think there is a diagnostic port connector based on your serial number).

  5. #5TNB2019-12-25 20:58

    The only commonality between zero charge pressure and absolutely no blade function would be what’s turning the pumps,, I.e. the drive coupling between the engine and hydrostat. I would say you’re in for a pump r&r and coupler replacement.

  6. #6TNB2019-12-25 20:59

    I should add the only “probable” commonality...

  7. #7mg23612019-12-26 05:04

    I missed that part when I read the original post (tunnel vision I'm guessing). TNB is correct. If you have nothing (blade, drive, or charge pressure then a drive coupling probably went out.

  8. #8Lynn Statham2019-12-30 11:56

    Agreed on coupler as well. What kind of shop time can I expect this to take?

  9. #9TNB2019-12-30 12:32

    Open station? Does it have a winch? If not A good tech familiar with the tractor should be able to do it in a day in the field. Winches and cabs complicate things.

  10. #10michael.davis072025-04-14 21:15

    Can I ask if this ended up being the drive coupler?

  11. #11Simon C2025-04-14 23:02

    Unfortunately the poster never did come back. Maybe explain your exact problem, post your serial number and maybe someone will help. Simon C

  12. #12michael.davis072025-05-12 10:58

    I had the same issue as described above, It did end up being the drive coupler between the pump and fly wheel. The previous mechanic never put the brace back under the back side of the pumps which caused it to bounce and the gear to worked its way off the pump shaft and through the plastic coupler. It was an open station w/ rops, no winch machine and It took about 5 hours to complete in the field.