Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 690E LC Hydraulic Issue

Profmarine · 2025-01-14 19:00

Our excavator has had an issue for quite some time. The propel circuits seem weak as well as the swing. The boom, crowd, and curl circuits seem strong. It is useable the way it is and we have been using it for years like it is. I finally would like to track down the issue and get it fixed as it should be. I do not feel it is a pump issue because if i unplug the load sense solenoid on the pump (which apparently puts the pump into full stroke) it will kill the engine because the pump is making more hydraulic horsepower than the engine can produce. You can run it that way but you have to kind of gentle with the sticks or it will just stall the engine. I have put a pressure gauge on it and it will hit somewhere around 5000. I do not recall what PD port i plugged into, but I am pretty sure it was the one to check main hydraulic pressure. I do have the tech manual and hydraulic manual (1508 and 1509 I believe). Machine is maintained as it should, gets all filters once a year at the maximum, all OEM filters. We do not put that many hours on this machine yearly. Running Rotella 10W-30 for hydraulic fluid. We just changed all of the fluid in it and the return filter as well as the pilot filter. It seems if the machine is traveling and I swing just a little bit the travel speeds up, right maybe affects it more than left, but that could be just my mind. The speed selection works as it should, all three speed selections change the propel speed, we dont really run it in high because of the lack of torque, it generall stays in the medium selection. Thank you in advance for any help! Deere 690E LC 549556 serial number

Replies5
  1. #1Samarskii_ma2025-01-15 05:46

    Find the answer in this book

  2. #2mg23612025-01-15 12:00

    Wrong book for troubleshooting. TM1508 Operation and Test manual is what the OP needs, of which I highly recommend.

  3. #3Profmarine2025-01-15 16:47

    I have both manuals, after reading TM1508, the copy I have starts at 9025. So, apparently I do not have the entire test manual. Anyone know where I can download one?

  4. #4mg23612025-01-16 04:53

    TM1508 Click on the manual number and it will take you there.

  5. #5Samarskii_ma2025-01-16 05:08

    ТM1508 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NMtbgrSrae0OYDPpzdrA8-8bRLuKEkj3/view?usp=sharing