Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 690elc no power

tylerdix09 · 2024-03-12 08:43

I have a 690elc excavator that was working fine. Parked for two days, cam back and now only clicks when I turn the key. No lights come on thr monitor. Checked the starter relay solenoid and I have no power at all. What could cause this?

Replies6
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-03-12 11:01

    Welcome to HEF Tyler . Full machine serial number ? Assuming the batteries are fully charged . Check for loose wiring connections at the batteries and the battery disconnect relay. With key on , check if the battery disconnect relay is actually closing. Temporarily jump the 2 large terminals if questioning the internal connection of the relay. See screenshot below for battery disconnect relay used per serial number break. .

  2. #2tylerdix092024-03-12 11:37

    S/n 555149

  3. #3tylerdix092024-03-12 11:42

    Any idea where I can buy a new battery disconnected relay?

  4. #4Diesel Dave2024-03-12 12:54

    Part # AT85258 . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/60320/referrer/search/pgId/388995481 . Deere dealer should have no issues supplying that .

  5. #5tylerdix092024-03-14 18:25

    So I bypassed the battery disconnect relay and it starts. Got a new one in and tried it... and now it's back to clicking

  6. #6Diesel Dave2024-03-15 10:32

    Referencing screenshot below ,Check I (F21) is a 1A fuse at the battery relay. Maybe swap the 2 diodes F (V9) and G (V3) and see what changes if anything. Without a wiring diagram that’s about all I can offer.