Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 750J overheating

bdog1234 · 2021-09-04 18:03

I recently purchased a 750J. It is overheating. Seller said he replaced thermostat a year ago. I changed all filters and oil yesterday. The fan seems to be blowing good. It will blow off a baseball hat if you stand right by it. The radiator looked clean but I blew / washed it out with no improvement. No oil in coolant and no coolant in oil. Machine can idle for hours and not get hot. Just tracking on flat ground will take it to the red on the coolant temp before you travel a half mile. Stopping and idling will slowly cool it down. The seller said he has never had any heating up issues and I believe him. Since it started doing this pretty much right after I got it home he feels bad about it and offered to help with the cost of repairs. Any ideas?

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2021-09-04 21:08

    Use a temperature gun on the block, head, water pump inlet, and thermostat outlet to the radiator to see what the temperatures really are, when it's in the red. Check the oil cooler also. Typically, it's impossible to tell how plugged a radiator is without removing it, or looking through it with a light on the other side.

  2. #2bdog12342021-09-04 21:38

    I didn’t do detailed measurements and record the various readings but I did shoot it with a temp gun and it is definitely overheating. I didn’t remove the radiator or use a light but I opened up the front guard and washed on it for about 15 minutes with a pressure washer

  3. #34ldigs2023-06-27 13:13

    I know this is a few years old. If anyone is still looking, did you find a solution? I am having the same issue

  4. #4Delmer2023-06-27 17:18

    Did you follow the same suggestions then?