Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 750J wiring issue

alwaysbusted ยท 2021-11-18 22:20

While operating the dozer, I Noticed my fuel gauge pointer would start moving to "Empty", then stop, then continue to erratically repeat as if it has developed a loose electric wire connection. A few days later while moving the dozer forward, it would suddenly turn to the left momentarily. Now the sudden left turn is matching the timing of the fuel gauge movement. After 10-15 minutes as the machine warned up both would return to normal. A active code would also appear. I suspect intermittent loss of connection at one of the connectors. Can this be fixed with an application of electronic aerosol spray cleaner? How do I find the failing connector? Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2021-11-18 22:46

    You can't share the active code?

  2. #2alwaysbusted2021-11-18 23:08

    I'll have them for you tomorrow.

  3. #3mg23612021-11-19 04:52

    And a serial number please. And check your grounds at the starter motor.

  4. #4alwaysbusted2021-11-19 11:27

    I did not see your suggestion to check the ground connection at the starter until I returned from job site. Will do so next trip to job site. Serial #1T0750JXEBD213501. Hour meter current reading 7847. No active codes. 4 stored codes. #1 Cooler bypass Sol No Response TCU 522451.5. Occurrences 6, last 7611. #2Fuel Level Sender open or short. CMU 96.3. Occurrences 116, last 7839. #3 Right Speed Sensor No Response. TCU 908.7. Occurrences 7. Last occurrence 7845. #4 Right Speed Sensor Open TCU 908.12. Occurrences 11, last 7847.