A press release issued by the second contractor to put John Deere's unique 764 High Speed Dozer to work confirms the manufacturer's ambitious claims for the first-of-its kind machine. RJS Industrial Services has been using the 764HSD -- appropriately equipped with Topcon's 3D-MC2 high-speed grade-control system -- it bought this summer on a rail spur project northeast of Grand Rapids, Minn., that will serve the Essar Steel facility. "Customers will be amazed at how nimble and precise this equipment is, at speeds reaching a previously-unheard-of 16 miles per hour," says Dave Lemke, VP of RJS.
:usa
Not to be negative here, but you certainly would not expect to see or hear something negative in a press release would you. As for 16 miles an hour? Got a bit of a problem with that. You don't see graders doing finish work at that speed.
i think the difference is that the blade being attached to the track system it would provide greater stability and this will allow for faster grading speeds
I found a good story about the contractor, but when I pasted the link, it makes you add a password. Try searching in google for RJS Industrial Services I've seen the machines work, and they are amazing in the right application.
The machine can travel at 16mph, not necssarily grade at that speed. The story needs some clarification. Grading with MC2 in the right conditions can be done up to 11mph.
I would thinkg grading chipped granite for an 8' wide rail line would be one thing you actually could do fast with this machine. Grading clay..hmm. I would like to watch that.
:cool2
If they want to drop it off here I wil be mor then willing to test it out for them at cost to eaither of us :beerchug