I just had our newly purchased (from auction) Deere 820/2010 diesel track loader delivered to the shop. Tracks were both locked despite ensuring that the gear box was in neutral and shuttle in "TOW". Not sure yet of it may be, jammed tracks or problem with final drive. I bought it "non-op" and saw that the motor oil looks clean, fairly new oil filter, and about 1200 showing on the motor clock. I'm optimistic about having it run since there's nothing else obvious. I'll see about starting it up in the morning and going from there. Since the tracks are solidly locked I'm thinking it may be something in the final drive, but would appreciate any thoughts or tips before I get into it more deeply. Thanks, -Tom
Solved the issue... I purchased and downloaded the manual set for this machine and see that there's a brake lock lever just above the brake pedal on the upper right. Lesson learned... you need at least the Operator manual for almost any unfamiliar piece of equipment. Few things are obvious or intuitive when it comes to machinery (or women!).
Lets see some pics. of the backhoe attachment. You'll probably need some counterweight on the back with the hoe removed. That 4 in 1 bucket is a lot heaver than the GP bucket. It almost looks like the bucket is from a larger machine.
The backhoe attachment is going to take some work as a project. New hoses and possible hard chrome job or replacement of the bucket ram are most apparent. Might have to go with another counterweight in the meantime. My Ford 555 backhoe and excavator do fine with digging, The loader will make moving material easier.