Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 820 (JD2010) track loader with backhoe attachment

iowahill ยท 2022-05-14 17:28

Sucker for big iron that I am, I was high bidder for this machine at auction "out-the-door" for about $3250 with tax and premium. It came with a separated backhoe attachment that looks good (though not cosmetically) and was removed from the tractor. Some upholstery work is in order (my favorite part!), the motor looks reasonably complete with nothing obvious other than a loose Delco alternator in the control bay and signs of hot exhaust manifold paint on the manifold (nothing especially concerning). I didn't get a chance to check the condition of the engine oil when first looking at it but don't expect any surprises there. Overall I don't think there's anything that I couldn't handle repair-wise as long as I can find parts, seals, etc. It has what appears to be a fairly new rear PTO hydraulic pump on it, possibly for the addition of the backhoe. It's still over at the auction yard and I won't be picking it up until later next week. The bucket and associated hydraulics look very good, including hoses, so I'm optimistic about coming out ahead on this. Primary goal is to use it at my placer mining operation, and since I already have our dependable Ford 555 backhoe doing fine duty along with the big Link Belt LS4300 CII excavator, I would like to possibly do away with the backhoe attachment and find a ripper attachment which would prove to be far more useful for our needs. Question is: What year(s) is this, and is it a Deere 820, a JD2010, or both? I was cautioned away from older Deere backhoes some years ago because of costs for repairs and difficulties in major mechanical work. But I admitted to being a sucker in my opening sentence! Any help and advice, as always, is much appreciated! -Tom

Replies3
  1. #1DMiller2022-05-14 19:54

    Problem you will have are major components Deere has decided to allow to Obsolete, check with your suppliers as to what is still available. The 555 and 550 series tractors are already getting to be slim pickens there.

  2. #2JimInOz2022-05-14 20:33

    820 might be the Loader Frame model. I think the engine liner decks can be trouble. Visit the JD Crawlers website .

  3. #3mg23612022-05-15 05:26

    2010