Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 84 Loader

JimInOz ยท 2021-12-05 21:36

I'm interested in getting in hearing from anyone who has owned an 80s/90s DEERE 84 Wheel Loader. Made by Furukawa, Japan. Specifically,I need a hydraulic pump AT108097. Maybe someone has a NOS pump somewhere. Thanks Jim

Replies7
  1. #1excavator2021-12-06 12:50

    Great little loader, had a customer who had one but they burned it up. Didn't keep it clean working in the sawdust. I don't know of any others in our area.

  2. #2JimInOz2021-12-06 15:29

    The Furukawa were popular,well made loaders. There are still quite a few 30 YO machines working over here. The Deere 244 were also made by Furukawa.They had the HST transmission.

  3. #3excavator2021-12-06 15:35

    Did Furukawa use the same Yanmar as Deere did in the JD84? When I rebuilt it I was only able to buy parts from Deere, it did not match any other Yanmar engines. I don't remember the engine number but it was right between all Yanmar numbers.

  4. #4JimInOz2021-12-06 21:06

    In Australia,the 84 is known as an FL90. Most had an Isuzu 4BB1 engine. Some later Furukawa Loaders had a Yanmar YTN98 or YTN100 fitted. I think they were quite reliable,as were the 4BB1 Isuzu.

  5. #5mg23612021-12-07 04:41

    Deere 84 has the Yanmar 4TN100

  6. #6Furukawa Five2022-01-19 18:53

    Guys; a really quick questions for members with knowledge... My Furukawa CT5 needs a new universal joints between clutch housing and final drive assemblies... Does anybody know what generic or similar manufacturer part will work? Sizing matches Spicer 1310 series however finding it a challenge to match up the HWD machine end caps.. appreciate any help. Thanks

  7. #7mg23612022-01-20 04:53

    Welcome to HEF Furukawa Five ! Don't have an answer for you but you might want to start your own thread. Might get a faster answer that way. CT5 is a track loader, correct? Start a thread in the track loader section. Edit, I see you started one in the dozer section.