Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 862 Scrapper Hydraulic Oil

cfast ยท 2014-04-13 11:38

I know this probably sounds like a dumb question, I think we have most the issues and leaks fixed with our 862 and we upon refilling the oil reservoir we were unable to find any sight gauge or dipstick to say how full the tank should be. Should we just fill it almost all the way full or have we overlooked the proper way to check the fluid? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1big04cummins2014-04-13 12:36

    It's been a while since I've been around an 862, is the hyd. tank behind the engine above the transmission against the right fender? If so there should be a round sight glass on the side of the tank facing the scraper neck and it should have a capacity of around 24 gal.

  2. #2cfast2014-04-13 15:12

    The reservoir we found was actually under the cab rigIht below the seat and the fill was behind a shield that folds down below windshield. We crawled all under it and didn't see anything. Will have to look a little closer to make sure there isnt a sight gauge under there that got painted over by someone, thats about the only thing I can think of if there is supposed to be one.

  3. #3big04cummins2014-04-13 15:32

    Ok. It's been about 10 years since I ran one of those I must have been thinking of the 762 having the tank in back of the engine. Man I'm really drawing a blank now only thing I can think of is maybe there was a dipstick in there but I can't remember for sure now.

  4. #4ANDREW C2014-04-14 08:54

    On the filler neck for the hydraulic tank there is a sight glass.