Currently having issues with Diff lock not working on a 2011 Deere 872GP. lights show up on sash, 24V to the solenoid on diff no active Codes. Diff lock will not engage. 0 pressure when hooked on to test port. Any ideas?
Serial number? Does the solenoid have a good ground? If so then the spool inside the solenoid valve (the stem under the solenoid coil) may be stuck.
Good stuff MG. Curious to hear the outcome!!!
Had something similar happen with our older 140M series a day or two ago, it was the solenoid, replaced the solenoid, the diff now engages.
Replaced solenoid and still not working.. solenoid was broken
Seems funny, power to the solenoid but not being activated, could be the diff lock switch or a bad ground, have a look at the fuses also, hopefully its nothing internal.
Yeah, not sure how that is powered. A LOT of modern stuff activates by grounding rather than supplying power. But even if that's the case he should be able to find voltage at the solenoid. Either all the time if it uses ground. Or intermittent if the switch provides power to the solenoid. Were it me, I'd figure that out first by using a multi meter. If I determined that I need power to activate, and I know which terminal, I'd hot wire it. Then lift one side tandem off the ground and gently let the clutch out. It should try to push the machine with the tandem still sitting on the ground. If it doesn't then I can assume the problem is internal, past the solenoid. Then I'd consider tearing into the case. Before I did any of this though, I'd consult with a mechanic that I felt like knew what he was talking about. Looking forward to seeing the result of this.
update. there is a gear driven pump that had a small piece of something in the gear which would not allow the oil to enter the cooler and build pressure for diff lock. now my next issue is i have oil leaking into the diff from the hydraulic tank while sitting over night. i am assuming this would be brake seals? or an other options i could address before removing the diff. thanks
Wondering what the small piece of something is, and where it came from.