We are demoing a 2011 320D left over with 60 hrs, 2 speed all options besides the reversing fan. Im slightly hesitant about it now reading around this forum about problems with the controls. Anyone have one with some hours on it that can give me some feed back. This is to replace our 2001 773 with 2300hrs on it. we have a 2010 310J backhoe with 400 hrs on it no problems yet so we are giving deere a shot with a skid steer.
Only control issue I've ever heard of is that the H-pattern in the e/h is a bit funky. The system is optimized for ISO, since that's by far the preferred pattern. If you run in ISO, you should be very satisfied. The demo you have on your lot is a lot more valuable than any post on this forum. If it's a question of reliability or issues of not functioning properly as designed, take all the info you can get from others, but controls are totally subjective and the opinion that matters is that of the guy running it. Too bad on no reversing fan, that's a nice feature that really works well.
thanks for the reply, I like the controls so far. It was in production rate when it got dropped off and I changed it to utility rate and it seems much better (less jumpy) other wise its great to operate I'm more concerned with reliability and it not becoming an electrical nightmare.
One of my competitors has an E/H 320. I would guess its a 2010 model. They were going to try and get Deere to buy it back. They were having a lot of problems with EH and the eletrical system in general. That was last year when I spoke to them, unsure what the current status of the machine is. I like the idea of the reversing fan, I could use that. I would try and get the dealer to kick in some additional warranty that covers the EH system.
I run ISO and I noticed its a little different than running a true pilot control like a cat. takes a few minutes to get use to other than that I like the machine. KSS do you know what problems they were having in particular