My starter is bad on my CT322, I picked up a replacement today, but do not have a service manual and our local dealer doesn't service compact equipment. Does anybody have a schematic of where the starter is located? I can't see it from the engine compartment which leads me to believe I need to lift the cab, but would prefer to look at a schematic to be certain before I go to all of that trouble tomorrow morning.
Yes,you will have to go to all of the trouble and removing two nuts and lift the cab.
If it's anything like our Ct332 or ss328 it is on the same side as the battery and it is a real PITA to change. Also be careful if you lift the cab, well not so much lifting it as letting it down if your gas struts are wore out.
With th boom arms down, total pain in the ass. The starter is on the right side. With the machine dead, getting at it under the cab is probably your best option, but it is going to suck. They are not terrible with boom arms up working from the side.
Thanks guys! And yup, machine was dead, arms were near bottom of travel, had to remove step shrouds, aux hyd mounts then force the cab past them... never seen a starter with that many wires on it either! Finally got it swapped then found that the battery was fried because the clowns running it spun the bad starter for 45 minutes trying to get it to kick over :Banghead The parts store warrantied the battery though and we're back in business! I know that sounds incredibly lazy, but I have had 2 other experiences requiring the cab to be raised when the arms couldn't be moved and had a less than ideal time getting it done, it can end up being a whole lot more than 2 nuts. I love how they design these things to be worked on when they're operational, but if all of the functions don't work your screwed!:idontgetit
Oh...with your location I expected it to be an open cab. Easy as pie without all that tin in the way then.
If you think deere are bad when dead, try getting under the cab of a dead JCB.