I have a Deere CT332 with almost 1200 hours on it. The tracks are tensioned evenly (a little over an inch of play as per the manual) and are not clogged etc. When I drive the machine in a straight line, it will slowly drift to the right such that I have to constantly ease up on the right stick to bring it back in line. The problem also occurs in reverse, albeit in the opposite direction (i.e. to the left). The right track is clearly spinning more quickly than the left track. Any ideas what might be a cause of this? I looked in the owners manual and couldn't find anything. I also flipped the cab to look at the linkage but couldn't discern an easy adjustment that would cause the left lever to speed up/right lever to slow down. Does this sound like a control linkage issue? A hydraulic motor beginning to fail? Something else? Thanks for the help.
Ended up being an $8500 repair. The machine needed a new drive motor on the track. Unsure what lead to the motor failing, but it takes a lot of labor to get the drive motor exposed, and the motor itself is $4000 from Deere plus a bunch more for additional parts.
I feel your pain. Your Deere and my CASE (CAT as well) share a common component...Bonfiglioli drive motors. Mine (850 hrs.) is in the shop right now to replace a blown hyd. supply hose and leaking drive motor. Mine had a blown out duo seal between the final (gear oil) and motor (hyd fluid.) The other drive motor on mine was replaced under warranty for the same problem. I'm not to keen on Bonfiglioli at this point.
And they're not repairable as the bearing race is ground into the housing
I spoke to CASE, CAT and Deere dealers and every one of them said that by the time they got the drive apart and replaced the seal that I would have more money in it than just buying a reman unit. I have a complete service manual for my TR and looking at the pages of rebuild instructions...I believe them.