Hello all, I am upgrading my 550H, which i currently use for general grading, and finish grades on smaller home lots for a builder i work for. I love the dozer, and I am only upgrading to another deere machine, either 550 or 650 but a J model. In my searches, I have noticed a few changes seemed to have happened over the years. Looks to me 05-07 had a different dash, and I'm guessing different computer controls? the 08 and newer seem to have the dash, where you can control the aggressiveness of the steering and hydraulics and such in a menu screen. I noticed some later year models have an engine access door on the side i have not seen on early models either. If I am looking for a J unit, what years should I stay away from? or what other changes happened over the production run? Any info is appreciated.
I have a customer of mine that has an older and newer J series in the 650. Both are excellent machines and have given them little trouble.
I had a 650H. Now I have a 700J a 2010. Great machine it has the speed and hyd adjustments in the dash. I don’t think You can go wrong with a J series.