Has anybody looked at Deere's forestry website lately.That is one bad ad that pops up. Wonder what they have going on? And I hope they didn't do away with the 3554?
I have been so very often, but what ad you talking about? I don't think that they did away with it altogether, hey, but I'm not sure either.
http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/forestry/deere_forestry/swing_machines/swing_machine_flash.html Looks like they put out the d series swings, i cant remember what size the 3554 but there is 2154D, 2454D, 2954D, 3754D. Seems like a weird numbering system, but its deere. The 3754 is not in the brochure and doesn't have its own brochure so maybe that has something to do with the weird numbering. Maybe it bigs enough that deere considers it a special order machine. I went to the build your own app and it said availability subject to change, so that supports the special order status.
just looked on deere website would love a chance to try the new 3754 in road builder form would be a great demo machine
The 2154D with a warratah 622b processor head is a really nice set up. 2454D's are nice too. Havent worked on any of the bigger ones yet.
54 Series is foresty, the first two digits are the operating weight in tonnes, the D is well the new D series. I just sold a 2954D LL w/ a new 624C on it, we are just putting it together, and another guy just put together a new 3754D LL. Will try to get some pics when working
here are some pics of a 3554 LL, one of the last 2 to ever be sold in Canada. Aside from that it is the 3754 moving forward.
Man would I love to run one of these things.. I would love to see a D in the old colors. I woundn't mind running any of the new deere logging equipment. Specially a 2454 and a 959K. WHAT A BEAST!!
Got any pics of Roadbuilders? 3754, 3554, 2954, doesn't really matter. Never can find good pics on the interwebs.
I know they are not green, but here are a few older road builders working.
here are a few more...
Thanks for the pics farm boy. Thinking of hacking up one of the 1:16 200D's into a road builder got huge heated garage at my house and none of my trucks will fit through the door to work on them :Banghead Plus it's been several years since i played with styrene.
the 959K is still semi-secret. as no info on it anywhere i know of. the engineer unit i am told has been torn down, assessed, and went back out ot the point the assembly line is now stopped building the J and is gearing up for the K. I am trying to get the first one here. the prototype is going to oregon logging conference in feb. I dont think there will be a ton of changes,
lots of cool pics posted here! I lost most of mine when the computer crashed last year. starting to rebuild the stack now.