Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere spotted

CEwriter ยท 2008-10-14 12:11

Saw this handsome scraper sitting at what looked like a municipal or county road-maintenance facility in Potosi, MO, this weekend. Juding from the relatively fresh can of ether starting aid on the floor of the operator's platform, I'm guessing this JD760 (7G0?) still gets some use.

Replies5
  1. #1surfer-joe2008-10-15 01:22

    There are a surprising number of these old back-busters still in operation. I've seen a number of them in my trips around the country this year. They were a real ball-buster to operate, noisey and hot, but they would move dirt, and parts for them are still available.

  2. #2Bellboy2008-10-15 09:24

    Very cool piece of equipment. I didn't know JD made scrapers like that.

  3. #3CEwriter2008-10-15 09:57

    Noisy and hot is the way I would anticipate this thing to ride just looking at it. It looked like you had to be careful not to rest your right arm on the manifold and exhaust stack!

  4. #4Dozerboy2008-10-15 15:49

    I seen a few here in rural TX

  5. #5ibdan612009-05-16 06:12

    Not sure I wanna admit to this but....been there done that....lol....not only were they they hot,noisy and dusty to run but it was an experience not soon forgotten when a u-joint came apart on the multi-driveline driven paddle loader!!