Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere-tachi Fuel Consumption

hvy 1ton ยท 2009-12-15 02:46

I was wondering if anyone has published or even semi-scientific fuel consumption figures between deere and isuzu motors? I hear that a lot of people dropped deeres under 45 ton for Hitachi's because of the isuzus' favorable fuel usage. This is only based off a couple of magizine articles and the ramblings of others on the interwebs. I'm wondering if the difference is that severe? I have a final in the morning and this is probably rambling, but i'll have something to look forward to tomorrow.

Replies4
  1. #1Deereman2009-12-16 18:16

    The isuzu (or however you spell it) is a little better on fuel but lacks the torque of the deere. I believe it has alot to do with the fuel delivery.IDK. I like a hitachi hoe but still would take my deere hoe anyday. I kinda like what ever machine im in to have the same make engine. And the only problems I've seen out of them is bad fuel and not taken care of.

  2. #2Jim Dandy2009-12-16 18:41

    My friend has both Deere and now a Hitachi 230 and he believes that the fuel usage of the Hitachi is significantly better than his Deere hoe. I have a Hitachi 160 and sometimes have felt that it should have more power but I don't have a lot to compare it to.

  3. #3Deereman2009-12-17 14:12

    Well the torque makes up for it at the end of the day when there's more ditch opened up or how many pieces of pipe are in the ground per gallon used.. I know link-belt, kobelco, and all that run isuzu preach fuel consumption but the deere usually totes a bigger recommended bucket and has more balls. I'll go as far as the color of the machine. that orange is cooler then the yellow. you can lay your hand on a deere and a hitachi side by side in the summer and feel how much more heat is on a deere. That sounds silly but thats that much more heat that the machine is not having to carry or cool down. That is one little thing about the hitachi's I like. And I hate hearing that hitachi builds deere hoes. Which is true to an extent. Deere is 50/50 in with them in the states. If it wasn't for deere hitachi would be screwed. No parts or service.

  4. #4swampdog2009-12-17 14:33

    Hey, that interchangeability of parts is another reason to buy a Hitachi or Deere. Up here, if Wajax (Hitachi) doesn't have a part, Brandt (Deere) may have it. Or vice versa.