Good day all. I have a Cat 299D2 S/N DX202154 approx 2500 hrs that is experiencing DEF issues. It is throwing four codes relating to voltage to the 4 Reagent line heaters is below normal (ex 4354-4) It also codes 3361-5 Catalyst dosing unit current below normal. Cat has replaced the DCU harness P/N 441-4797 But the machine still throws the mentioned codes. Cat now want to replace the DEF hoses to the DEDF line heaters and possibly the engine wiring harness. They claim the hoses are brittle and crimped, causing def fluid to be pushed into the electrical connector causing corrosion of the pins and wiring, creating a high resistance connection causing low voltage. I am not buying into this explanation. The codes come all together when switching the key on. When cleared they do not return until the next key cycle. Does anyone have and experience with this or similar issues. Thanks in advance
What is your purchase date? They have a 5 yr 3,000 hr warranty on all emissions hard parts
The machine was manufactured in August 2017 so I would imagine it is a couple of years out of warranty by now.